FUEL-SAVING PROPOSAL TO BE SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL OF COLLEGE TODAY

POLLING HOURS 9 TO 6

The first election of Senior Class officers will be held in Phillips Brooks House today between 9 o'clock this morning and 6 o'clock this evening. The officers to be chosen are the three marshals, the treasurer, orator, ivy orator, poet, odist and chorister.

The following Juniors have been appointed watchers at the polls today: 9-10, A. H. Bright and G. C. Barclay; 10-11, J. R. Craig and W. R. Odell; 11-12, Q. A. Shaw and W. Dexter; 12-1, C. M. Draper and C. A. Morss; 1-2, J. C. Hammond and E. A. Hill; 2-3, R. McA. Lloyd and M. S. Bromwell; 3-4 C. C. Curtis and F. Parkman; 4-5, J. Pickering and J. H. Quirin; 5-6, B. W. Thoron and M. A. Taylor. Any man who cannot serve during the hour to which he is assigned must secure a substitute.

Seniors are reminded of the following rules relating to the election of marshals:

"Every voter shall vote for three marshals, indicating his perference for First Marshal. Of the three elected, the candidate receiving the highest number of votes for First Marshal shall be declared First Marshal; of the other two elected, that one whose total vote is higher shall be Second Marshal, and the other one Third Marshal. Every ballot not containing the required number of names for marshals shall be declared invalid."

Ballots have been mailed to all members of the class in national service, whose addresses are known by the Nominating Committee. The votes of all such Seniors will be sent in by mail, and are due before February 9, when they will be counted and the final result announced.

As is customary, the balloting for class secretary and the various committees is held in a separate election. The date for this final voting has not yet been determined, but it will probably take place within four weeks of the first election.