"SMILEAGE" MASS MEETING TO BE HELD FRIDAY AT 4

AUTHORITIES ON SUBJECT

A "Smileage" mass meeting will take place on Friday afternoon at 4 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall, when Governor Samuel W. McCall will speak on behalf of the State, Richard Bennett for the Stage, and Captain John Paulding Brown '14 for the Army. The University Regiment Band will play between the speeches.

McCall a "Smileage" Backer.

Governor McCall has been a hearty advocate of "Smileage" ever since the idea was taken over by the Government in an attempt to relieve the necessity for amusement at the camps and cantonments. He appointed a special council for the sole purpose of stimulating interest in "Smileage" throughout the State of Massachusetts, and he will take up the subject from the point of view of the civil government.

Richard Bennett is well filled to approach the problem of "Smileage" from the side pertaining to the Stage, for he has been an ardent follower of the cause since a group of actors suggested the plan to the authorities, after seeing its counterpart working with great success abroad.

Captain J. P. Brown graduated from the University in 1914 and was appointed instructor at the University of Bordeaux, in France. He remained there until the outbreak of the war, when he was among the first to join the American Ambulance. In 1915 he returned to Cambridge and took up his studies in the Law School, whence he went to Plattsburg upon the entrance of the United States into the war.