ALUMNI ACTIVE IN RED CROSS

Seven Graduates of University on Staff in French Section.

A report of the director of the Department of Civil Affairs of the American Red Cross in France reveals the fact that seven graduates of the University are included on the organizing staff of the department. This section is under the supervision of an alumnus, Major James H. Perkins '98, O.R.C., U. S. A., American Red Cross Commissioner for France. At the head of the Department of Civil Affairs, acting under Major Perkins, is Homer Folks '90, while the assistant director is Walter Abbot '88.

Chief of the Bureau of Needy Children and Infant Mortality is Dr. William P. Lucas '00. Richard C. Cabot '89 occupies the positions of Director of Medical Centres in the Bureau of Refugees and Relief. Edward E. Hunt '09, who acted as delegate for the city and province of Antwerp from 1914 to 1916, and was director of civilian relief in the American Red Cross for Italy last year, is at the head of the Bureau of Reconstruction and Relief. On the Editorial and Historical Division, Barton Blake '05 acts as chief and included among his assistants is Lewis S. Gennett '13. Most of these men have been abroad from the first.