TO MAKE INSPECTION OF REST OF REGIMENT

SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED

This morning at 7.30 o'clock the Second and Third Battalions of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps at the University will be inspected by Captain Austin McC. McDonell, C. A. C., who is officially representing the War Department on a tour of inspection through the infantry training corps maintained by various colleges in New England. The showing made by the men today will supplement that of the First Battalion, which was inspected and reviewed on Tuesday afternoon, in the report to be made by Captain McDonell to the authorities in Washington. The companies comprising the Second and Third Battalions will assemble on Soldiers Field for inspection at 7.30 o'clock this morning; the former within the Stadium, facing the river, and the latter to the west of the Stadium on the second-team baseball diamond.

Next Week's Schedule.

Next week's schedule will bring with it still another change in training for the men of the Corps, when half of the drill hour will be given over to gallery practice. The ranges under the Stadium will be used for this phase of the training, as was done last spring, and all the men will receive ample opportunity to use the sub-calibre rifles. This work will perform a highly important part in preparing the men in Military Science 1 for the range work at Wakefield in May. In addition to the rifle practice, the work with bayonets will continue as usual, until the men perfect themselves in the prescribed exercises.

Field Work in Topography.

Another change from former routine is noticeable in the fact that the Topographical sections of Military Science 1, instead of continuing their laboratory work with relief maps, will begin to receive practical instruction in mapmaking. Four sections will be formed and will meet one afternoon in the week at Holden Chapel, where equipment will be distributed for use in sketching. The grounds of the Astronomical Laboratory will be used for next week's sketching trip. Later on, excursions will be made to Fresh Pond and other points suitable for contour work.

Lecture by British Officer.

One lecture by a member of the British Military Mission will be held during the coming week. Captain R. L. H. Goodday, of the British Army, will speak before the members of Military Science 1 on Wednesday, April 3, at 7.15 o'clock, on the subject of "Bayonet Combat." A second lecture for the first year military course will be given by Lieutenant Morize, who will speak on "Trench-Building. Equipment and Routine," on Thursday evening. His talk will be illustrated with lantern slides