THE FINAL WEEK

The United States Treasury Department could not have better planned the time for floating the Third Liberty Loan, so far as the University is concerned. The early stages of our campaign were held during the first part of April, a time when checks for the current months were not completely made over to persistent creditors. Then followed a week of much needed rest. And now the undergraduates return from their homes with numerous pecuniary gifts from their families, for vacation seems to be a giving time. Thus the final week of the University drive, which starts to-day, finds students with well-lined purses.

This is as it should be, for $19,000 remains to be subscribed by undergraduates during this last week, if our quota is to be filled. The terms of subscription to these bonds are such that no one can plead exemption. The need of supplying our Government with the funds of fighting makes the filling of bond quotas imperative. Logic is no longer needed on this bond question. Action and quick action is in order. Let the University be among those institutions which not only recognize Government needs, but give of what they have in full measure.