ARRANGEMENTS MADE FOR MILITARY SCIENCE 1 MEN TO QUALIFY FOR FOURTH O. T. C. CAMPS

REPORT AT 8.30 TODAY

QUOTA B MUST REPORT AT 8.30. April 29, 1918.

All men in Military Science 1 of age, citizenship, and physical condition to qualify for Quota B to the Fourth Series of Government Training Camps, will, if they desire to qualify, report at 8.30 A. M., Tuesday, April 30th, at Headquarters, University 1.

By Order of the Commandant.   P. W. LONG,   Captain and Adjutant.

Arrangements have been made by the Department of Military Science where-by members of Military Science 1 who are qualified as to age, physical ability, and citizenship, but who have had too few hours of military training to make them eligible for entrance to the Fourth Series of O. T. C.'s in Class B, may go into intensive training immediately to make up the needed time. A telegram from Washington yesterday announced the War Department's approbation of the plan, and an officer is now on the way from Camp Devens to take charge of the training of this special unit of Military Science 1 men.

At the meeting in Headquarters this morning all applicants for this training will make known their qualifications, and, if accepted, will be given blanks to fill out for the Fourth Training Camps. They will be required to take their physical examinations today. No members of the R. O. T. C. will need to furnish the three letters from responsible persons called for by the War Department requirements in Classes A and B, as their records in the corps will serve instead.

Under the command of Captain Alexander Kendall, U. S. A., from Camp Devens, the men selected for this intensive preparation for the Fourth Camp will begin work at once. Drills will be held either in the morning or afternoon, and the rest of the day will be devoted, during the coming week, to studying for the final examinations. All men taking the training will be excused from classes after their acceptance for the military work. By spending most of their time in training, the men will be enabled to make up the required 300 hours of instruction called for by the Government, provided that they are not too far below that number of hours at present.

During the intensive training the men will go to Wakefield on the week-end of May 10, regardless of whether they have already been there or not.

The organization of the unit for drill purposes will be left entirely in the hands of Captain Kendall, who will be in charge of the men during the intensive course. He will arrive in Cambridge today and will immediately announce his plans for giving the men the required amount of drill to admit them to the Government training schools for officers.

Those members of Military Science 1 who complete this course of work and are admitted to the O. T. C. must comply with the regulations for Class B men laid down by the War Department, and reprinted in the CRIMSON of Monday, April 22, which run as follows:

CLASS B--Consists of all members of Senior Division Units of the R. O. T. C. who have had a one-year course in military training, and have completed not less than 300 hours of military instruction since January 1, 1917. They must be 20 years and nine months of age on May 15, 1918, be citizens of the United States, and have the physical qualifications prescribed by the Army Regulations for members of the Officers' Reserve Corps.

All application blanks from men going to the Fourth Series of O. T. C.'s must be in Headquarters, accompanied by a physical examination certificate, by 5 o'clock tomorrow evening. If received at a later hour they will not be considered