CAPTAIN PARKER REMOVED FROM ENSIGN CADET SCHOOL

SUCCESSOR NOT CHOSEN

Captain James P. Parker '96, U. S. N., commander of the Cadet School of the First Naval District, has been detached from his position as head of the Ensign School and is now military chief of the First Naval District. In this new capacity Captain Parker will have charge of the military personnel of this division of the Navy, serving as one of the four aides of Admiral Wood, commandant of the First Naval District. Captain Parker was placed in command of the Ensign School by the Navy Department last June, when it was situated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and has since been head of the three successive Ensign Schools in Cambridge. His work was highly commended by Admiral Wood.

Although no new commander has yet been named to succeed Captain Parker, Lieutenant Chester L. Dane, U. S. N., who has been second in command throughout the year, is acting-head of the school and may receive the appointment permanently. Lieutenant R. N. Fortson has been assigned to the school as Instructor in Regulations.

Five of the six leading cadets after the first month of work were former members of the University. Although S. A. Mead, the highest-graded man in the school and the commander of the cadet battalion, is not a University graduate, C. H. Watson '20, H. H. Dadmun '17, L. Opdyke '17, M. A. Shattuck '19 and J. A. Beaman '19 follow in the order named. Watson is adjutant of the battalion, and Dadmun, Opdyke, Shattuck and Beaman are the four cadet captains. C. T. Jackson '20, L. W. Smith '19 and J. L. Walsh '16 have been named as Petty Officers.

The school will give its first formal exhibition on Friday, April 19, when it will march in the State Parade.