SENIORS PLANNING TO HAVE AN ECONOMICAL CLASS DAY

TO DECORATE YARD

Owing to conditions imposed by the war, the program for Senior Class Day, June 18, as announced yesterday by the 1918 Class Day Committee, will be much simpler than in recent years. Instead of holding the dance spread on a separate day from the other festivities, as has been the custom, the entire celebration will take place on Tuesday, June 18. Only 160 Seniors remain in College, and although it is hoped that members absent in the service will return, it seems doubtful whether there will be any large reunion of the class.

The dance, which will probably begin at 9 o'clock on the night of June 18, in the Union, will be very informal, and there will probably be no boxes. Before the dance, however, the class will meet in the western part of the Yard for small club spreads. While the decorations will be less elaborate than in previous years, boxes will be erected and the Yard will be fenced off between University and Thayer and University and Weld Halls. It has been customary to hold the spreads both in the Yard, in Memorial Hall and the Delta, but conditions this year make it impossible to use so much space.

On Tuesday morning, the customary ceremonies will take place in Sanders Theatre, and in the afternoon there will be the regular exercises in the Stadium. How extensive these will be depends on the number of class officers who find it possible to return to Cambridge. At present only five of those named in the Senior elections are still in College.

According to present plans the Glee Club will sing on the steps of University Hall at 8.30 in the evening. The west Yard will probably be decorated with two artificial fountains and two band-stands for the occasion.