FRESHMEN WILL FACE DEAN

KING TO PLAY FOR FIRST TIME SINCE ELECTION AS CAPTAIN.

Dean Academy will be the opponent of the Freshman nine in the latter's sixth game of the season on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. 1921 has the better record of the two aggregations, having won four out of its five engagements, while the visitors have only been able to come out on top in three of its six games.

C. H. Butterfield, who held Andover to five hits on Saturday, will be on the mound for the Freshmen, and should be able to keep Dean Academy in check today's game. H. P. King, recently elected captain of the nine, will play for the first time since his election in his regular position of first base, as an injured foot made it impossible for him to play against Andover last week.

R. B. Shaw, who is taking the place of W. B. Frothingham, who has left for ambulance work in Italy, at second, is a strong fielder, but the absence of the latter, who was the team's heaviest hitter, has been sorely felt. Considerable improvement in the work of the men on the field was evident in the Andover game, and it is expected that this department of the game will be ever stronger today.

The regular outfield of M. P. Davis, J. T. Baldwin and E. L. Bigelow has been very fast in getting under fly balls and have been consistent in their work at the bat. Baldwin, who was a member of the 1921 relay team, is a dangerous man on the bases, and is followed closely by Davis, one of the speediest men on the football team, playing right end throughout the season.