YALE R. O. T. C. COURSE DOES NOT LEAD TO COMMISSIONS

Seniors on Graduation Will be Sent to Replacement Camps as Officer Candidates.

In a recent communication from the Yale News, the status of members of the artillery unit at that university is explained for the correction of certain mistakes in the article concerning the Yale R. O. T. C., published in the CRIMSON of May 4.

The men of the artillery corps who are to attend the camp at Columbia, S. C., this summer will not have the term "officer-candidates" applied to them, but will go there merely as college R. O. T. C. men. This camp will be for them what the Plattsburg camp is to be for the members of the University corps.

The News further states:

"As for the statement that men will be commissioned in the Field Artillery upon the completion of the R. O. T. C. course, Yale has succeeded in gaining no such recognition as this. The nearest approach to this is the fact that seniors having 'satisfactorily completed the course' will be classified as officer candidates and sent to a replacement camp immediately upon graduation."