UNIVERSITY BLUNDERS BRING DEFEAT IN 11TH

HARD HITTING WASTED

Eleven innings were necessary yesterday afternoon before the Radio School nine was able to push across the runs which broke the tie, thus defeating the University in their sixth game of the season by a score of 8 to 5. As usual, unsteady work in the field and poor base-running contributed largely to the home team's downfall.

The 11th inning started with the score 5 to 5. D. J. O'Keeffe '18 retired Hanner at first and forced Edwards to send a grounder to R. P. Hallowell '20, which the latter failed to field. With the count three and two on Scribner, O'Keeffe failed to put the ball over the plate, placing a man on first and second. Keenan flied to R. Hoffman '19. Byrnes sent up a fly to J. H. Ward '18, which dropped out of his hands, Edwards scoring and Scribner going to third. J. B. Wolverton '20 fumbled White's grounder and Scribner scored. On a wild throw to the plate, Byrnes scored the final run. Neiderkorn was out on a fly to Hoffman.

The sailors scored first in the second, on hits by White and Neiderkorn, a double steal and a wild throw to third.

Both teams scored twice in the fourth inning. For the Radio men two singles, an error, a stolen base, and an infield out, brought in the runs. For the University, Wolverton singled. Hallowell walked. Ward flied out. The base-runners advanced on an infield out and scored on J. S. Mosle '20's hit to right.

Two bases on balls, a single, filled the bases for the Radio School in the fifth, and two runs came in on McCaffrey's hit. O'Keeffe was unhittable from then until the 11th inning.

The University made the score five--all in the eighth. Evans singled and went to third on Wolverton's hit. Hallowell reached first on an error, filling the bases. Ward's timely hit scored two runs. On Hoffman's hit, however, Hallowell was cut off at the plate. This was the last score for the University.

The summary:

HARVARD.    ab.  r.  bh.  po.  a.  e.Evans, c.f.,  2  1  1  2  0  0Newton, c.f.,  1  0  0  2  0  0Wolverton, ss.,  4  2  2  1  2  1Hallowell, 3b.,  4  1  1  1  2  1Ward, l.f.,  5  0  2  3  0  1Hoffman, r.f.,  5  0  1  3  0  0Mosle, 2b.,  4  0  1  0  3  3McCouch, 1b.,  2  0  0  8  0  1Coolidge, 1b.,  3  0  0  9  0  0Gammack, c.,  5  0  1  4  2  1O'Keeffe, p.,  6  0  1  0  6  0Horween**,  0  1  0  0  0  0  --  --  --  --  --  --Totals,  40  5  10  33  15  8RADIO SCHOOL.    ab.  r.  bh.  po.  a.  e.Scribner, l.f.,  4  1  0  2  0  0Keenan, ss.,  5  1  0  1  5  1Byrnes, 3b.,  6  2  2  1  0  0White, c.f.,  6  1  1  1  2  0Neiderkorn, r.f.,  5  1  3  0  1  0Hans, c.,  5  1  1  12  3  0McCaffrey, 1b.,  5  0  1  14  4  1Dee, 2b.,  4  0  1  1  3  1Hanner, 2b.,  1  0  0  0  0  0Witte, p.,  2  0  1  1  1  0Wolfran, p.,  2  0  0  0  2  0Edwards, p.,  1  0  1  0  1  0  --  --  --  --  --  --Totals,  46  7  11  33  22