YALE WILL OMIT CLASS DAY

Plans for the Second War-Time Commencement Exercises Are Largely Patriotic.

Class Day exercises for the College and Sheffield Scientific School at Yale will be omitted this year, and other events, largely of a patriotic nature, will take their place, according to announcement of the Yale commencement plans made yesterday. Many classes are planning to return for the exercises. The reunions will be conducted in a simple and economical manner, with special war programs. A patriotic celebration, in which the alumni will participate, will take the place of the customary baseball game with the university on class day, which comes this year on Tuesday, June 18.

War Records Will be Read.

On this occasion the alumni will gather in the Hewitt University Quadrangle for the patriotic exercises on Tuesday afternoon. Addresses will be made by President Hadley and others. An added feature, which promises to be the most effective yet arranged, will be the announcement of class war records. Beyond a general appeal to the alumni to help bring the university's war record up to date for this purpose, no details as to the character of this ceremony have been given out. "Retreat" and salute to the flag will conclude the exercises.

Special memorial services for the late Dean Henry Parks Wright, 1868, will be held in Sprague Memorial Hall June 18, at noon. The class of 1868, of which he was secretary, wll return for the ceremony. Up through the decimal class of 1908, classes separated by five years and having numerals ending in three and eight, are due to return. All of the older classes and practically all of the younger classes will hold such reunions as circumstances make possible. No arrangements have been made to find a substitute for the historic "1492" dnner, which has been abandoned by the Association of Class Secretaries, who had the matter in charge.

The annual spring play of the Yale Dramatic Association has also been given up. The rest of the commencement program conforms to the traditional arrangement of events, Sunday and Monday, June 16 and 17, are essentially the same, save for the omission of any exercises but the planting of the college class ivy. Wednesday, June 19, with its commencement exercises, alumni luncheon and president's reception, remains unchanged.