FRESHMEN WON TENNIS VICTORY

Defeated Brookline High School, Taking All Five Matches.

Yesterday afternoon the Freshman tennis team won all five matches from Brookline High School on Divinity Field. The preparatory school players failed to win a single set from their opponents, who were in good form.

L. A. de Turenne '21 and R. N. Knox '21 participated in the feature match of the day against D. Richardson and P. Richardson of Brookline, who put up the most consistent lobbing game seen on the local courts this season, but finally lost, 7 to 5, 6 to 3. F. C. Hanighen '21, E. D. Cumming '21 and R. R. Weaver '21 had no trouble in winning their singles matches in straight sets.

The results follow:

Singles.--F. C. Hanighen '21 defeated C. O'Hearn, Brookline, 6 to 3, 6 to 4; E. D. Cumming '21 defeated D. Richardson, Brookline, 6 to 0, 6 to 4; R. R. Weaver '21 defeated R. Kennedy, Brookline, 6 to 3, 6 to 3.

Doubles.--L. A. de Turenne '21 and R. N. Knox '21 defeated D. Richardson and P. Richardson, Brookline, 7 to 5, 6 to 3; E. D. Cumming '21 and R. R. Weaver '21 defeated D. Hill and W. Tripp, Brookline, 6 to 3, 6 to 4.