END PREPARATION FOR JUBILEE

LAST PRACTICE FOR DORMITORY CHORUSES TO BE HELD TONIGHT.

Preparations for the Freshman jubilee to take place in Smith Halls tomorrow afternoon and evening are now rapidly nearing completion. The final practice for the dormitory choruses which will contend for the silver loving cup presented by a group of University graduates, will be held in the Smith Halls Common Room tonight at 7 o'clock. All arrangements for the informal dance in the evening and for the spread which will precede it have been made.

Dr. A. T. Davison '06, who has had complete charge of the musical part of the festivities, will be present tonight and lead the singing himself. All three choruses will meet together for a short period of practice after which they will adjourn to their own common rooms for separate singing. As this is the last opportunity for the choruses to perfect their singing, it is essential that a full number should be present from each building.

The gates of Smith Halls will be closed at 1 o'clock tomorrow afternoon and no one except residents will be allowed to enter the dormitory after that time without a ticket. Tickets may be obtained at the eastern gate, where souvenir programs and spread tickets will also be on sale. The jubilee proper will not commence until 5 o'clock, when a number of Freshmen will give a concert in Smith Halls Common Room. The program includes several selections by the 1921 Instrumental Club and the 1921 double quartet, as well as a number of violin and vocal pieces by class talent.

During the supper the Smith Halls Orchestra, under the leadership of I. Straus '21, will play in the Common Room for informal dancing for those who wish to take part, but the dance of the evening will not begin until after the interdormitory song contest which begins at 7.30.

In order to facilitate the preparations for the spread, it is highly desirable that all who can do so purchase their tickets not later than today, thus enabling the committee to plan for an adequate number of plates. More than 300 have already signified their intention of coming to the festivities and many more are expected.