GREENOUGH APPOINTED TO SUCCEED YEOMANS

ACTIVE ON SHIPPING BOARD

Chester N. Greenough '98, Professor of English, will serve as Acting Dean during Dean Yeomans' absence in France, where he is going to take up work as Associate Director of the New England Bureau of the American University Union, in Paris.

Professor Greenough has just returned to the University from work on the Shipping Board where he has been associated with Dean Edwin F. Gay, of the Business School.

Professor Greenough took up his work as an instructor of English at the University in 1899, but left in 1907 to be a professor of English in the University of Illinois. He returned to the University as an assistant professor in the English Department in 1910.

Dean Yeomans Sails Feb. 15.

The director of the New England Bureau is James H. Hyde '98, who is assisted by J. C. Cole '01. The duties of Associate Director of the New England Bureau consist in helping any Harvard men who go to the office for assistance, and in keeping a record of these visitors. Since 1917, 2005 Harvard men and 1341 men from associated colleges have registered there. The University also offers its aid through this Bureau to men of the following colleges: Amherst, Bowdoin, Brown, Dartmouth and Williams. Dean Yeomans sails for France on February 15.