A. Beane '11 Appointed Chairman

Arthur Beane '11 was appointed Acting Chairman of the Committee in charge of Phillips Brooks House at a meeting of the President and Fellows of Harvard College on December 23. Since September he has been engagd in war-work at Slatersville, R. I., where he has had charge of the employment bureau and housing system of a group of cotton mills. H. M. Thurston '16, who was appointed Graduate Secretary of Phillips Brooks House Association when Mr. Beane left last summer, will continue to fill that position.

Another appointment was that of Paul Revere Frothingham '86, A.M., D.D., minister of the Arlington Street Unitarian Church, as Acting Chairman of the Board of Preachers. He takes the place of Edward Caldwell Moore, Plummer Professor of Christian Morals, who has left for Turkey, for the remainder of the year.

Percy Ford Swindle, S.B., Ph.D., was appointed Research Fellow in Psychology for one year from September 1, 1918.

The following resignations were received and accepted:

To take effect September 1, 1918: George Jesse Wright, A.B., M.D., Assistant in Neuropathology.

To take effect December 31, 1918: Walter Theodore Selg, Austin Teaching Fellow in Chemistry.