PRES. LOWELL TO APPOINT NEW ATHLETIC COMMITTEE

DEAN BRIGGS LEAVING

Prospects for athletics at the University are very uncertain as the present Athletic Committee is going out of action. Dean Briggs, the chairman of the Committee, has been appointed as an exchange professor, and is leaving for France to lecture at the Sorbonne University within the month. President Lowell will appoint a new Athletic Committee immediately and all definite action on major, and especially on minor sports await a decision from this committee. Although no announcement has been made it is assumed Dean Yeomans will take Dean Briggs' place.

It is very probable that a meeting of all men who are interested in the minor sports, wrestling, boxing, and swimming, will be called within a week or two. At this meeting, the men will signify which sport they intend to take up. There will not be any Freshman fencing this year. No decision has yet been made on the organization of a gymnasium or tumbling team.

The University has leased the Randolph Gymnasium for the remainder of the College year, and it will be available for the wrestlers and boxers. Sam Anderson is still with the University, and ready to again take up his work as coach of the wrestling team. Coach Foley will continue to assist in the training of the boxing team.

When the teams disbanded last year, conditions were so uncertain that they could not make the usual provisions for a coming season. The result is that no new captains were elected, and no managers appointed.