CRIMSON ELEVEN AND COLBY BATTLE TODAY

VISITORS REPUTED STRONG

Handicapped by the usual early-season list of injuries, the University faces Colby in the Stadium at 3 o'clock this afternoon. Captain Murray will be out of the game due to a slight injury received last week. R. S. Humphrey '21 will pilot the team in his place. Humphrey should take advantage to score by a field goal as he has been devoting particular attention to this department of the game during the last week.

Hubbard, Havemeyer and Ryan to Play.

R. K. Kane '22 at tackle will be replaced by W. Hubbard '22. P. Philbin '20 is kept out of the game by a stiff neck, being replaced by C. F. Havemeyer '21. The ends, J. F. Ryan Occ. and J. K. Desmond Occ. have been playing good football all the week, and they will be the chief reliance in breaking up Colby's open game. Ryan and Desmond are replacing M. Phinney Occ. and E. Weatherhead '22, who started last Saturday.

Backs Same as Last Week.

The backfield, consisting of A. Hamilton '21, E. L. Casey Occ., and R. Horween Occ., should prove an excellent scoring trio. Hamilton has been developing the jump and snap necessary for line plunging, while Casey continued to reel off his wonderful running throughout the week.

Among the substitutes most likely to get into the game are A. Horween '20, M. Gratwick '22, F. C. Church '20, N. S. Nelson Occ., and W. Brocker '20.

Colby Has Strong Team.

The game today has promise of being an excellent test for the University. Last Saturday Colby ran up a score of 99-0 against Fort Worth. Although not much is known concerning that game, Colby must have a fast rushing team. Many surprises in passes, end runs and trick plays are expected from the Waterville eleven.

Light Practice Yesterday.

Practice yesterday was very light. The team ran through plays expected to be met with in today's game. The rest of the afternoon was spent in forward passing drill. Teams A and B opposed each other in a punting duel.