NEW RULING ON WAR RISK INSURANCE VERY LIBERAL

Cancelled Policies May Be Reinstated Without Payment of Back Premiums.

Discharged soldiers, sailors and marines who have dropped or cancelled their insurance may reinstate it within 18 months after discharge without paying the back premiums. All they will be asked to pay will be the premium on the amount of insurance to be reinstated for the month of grace in which they were covered and for the current month.

For example, if a man dropped $10,000 of insurance in January, 1919, and applies for reinstatement the 1st of October for $5000, all he will have to pay will be the premium for January (the month of grace) on $5000, and the premium for October on $5000. In case he desires to reinstate the entire amount that he formerly carried, $10,000, his premium payments will be the January and October premiums upon $10,000. He will not have to pay premiums in either case for the intervening months.

If application for reinstatement is made promptly, the certificate of the insured concerning his state of health (which must be as good as at the date of discharge or at the expiration of the grace period, whichever is the later date) will be accepted. If the application is not made within the prescribed time limit, however, the formal report of examination made by a reputable physician must accompany the statement of the insured concerning his health.

Full particulars, application blanks, etc., may be had by corresponding with the Insurance Officer, Headquarters Northeastern Department, Room 718, 99 Chauncy Street, Boston, Mass.