UNIVERSITY ASKED TO JOIN IN PAGEANT AT PRINCETON

Progress of Football Will Be Portrayed on 50th Anniversary of First Game in America.

Mr. Donald G. Herring, a famous Princeton football player of former days, arrived in Cambridge yesterday to see Dean Briggs, chairman of the Athletic Committee, concerning the participation of the University in the Football Pageant to be held in Princeton on November 28. One of the chief features of this event is to be a football game between Princeton and Rutgers.

Friday, November 28, marks the 50th anniversary of the first football game played in America, between Princeton and Rutgers. Besides this anniversary game events will be staged portraying the advances made in the game of football since 1869.

Mr. Herring asks the University to send down a team to show at this carnival the development of the flying wedge, a play highly developed by Harvard coaches a score of years ago. The decision of this question rests with the Athletic Committee. It is understood that Yale is planning to send members of her second squad to Princeton for the event.