TRUMBULL TO ADDRESS SONG FEST AT UNION

BULLARD SONG LEADER

Tonight at 8 o'clock in the Union comes the first mass meeting of the season. W. H. Trumbull '15 will address the meeting which has been called together for the purpose of practicing singing and cheering. It is essential that everyone who can attend it do so, as the songs and cheers must be learned before the games with Princeton and Yale.

During the war there were no meetings of this kind, which means that the class of 1920 is the only class in College which knows the football songs or has ever had an opportunity to sing them. At the meeting there will be distributed a special folder printed by the CRIMSON and containing the best known football songs and cheers, to enable everyone to learn them thoroughly.

F. K. Bullard '20, who has been appointed song leader by the official cheer leaders, will direct the singing, assisted by the University Band. Tonight's meeting will concentrate particularly on the singing.

"Send-off" for Tiger Game.

There has been a very noticeable lack of spirit and co-operation in the cheering so far this year, but the cheer leaders expect to get the men working together tonight. The second meeting of this year will come the night before the team leaves for Princeton, and this will be the last chance to practice the cheers and songs before then.

W. H. Trumbull, who will speak, is one of the assistant coaches of this year's team, and is himself a former All-American tackle. In 1915 he was elected captain of the University team after C. E. Brickley '15 had been forced to quit the gridiron on account of appendicitis.