CALL 50 NEW VOLUNTEERS FOR NEWTON CONSTABULARY

Opportunity Open to Undergraduates For Service in State Guard Now on Duty.

Undergraduates are urgently wanted to enlist in the ranks of the Newton Constabulary for the purpose of helping the State to continue to meet the present emergency in Boston. Fifty men are needed, and all who are interested will apply today at the following places, where representatives will be stationed:

CRIMSON Office, 5 to 6 P. M.

Union, 12 to 1.30; 6 to 8 P. M.

Memorial Hall, 12 to 1.30; 6 to 8 P. M.

Smith Halls, 12 to 1.30; 6 to 8 P. M.

Those men who have recently been released from the Volunteer Police force, of whom there are 121 on record, are particularly urged to join this organization. In order to facilitate recruiting an undergraduate committee, to be known as the "Harvard Sponsor Committee," and consisting of the following men, has been appointed: R. W. Emmons '20, J. Cowles '21, G. Appleton '22, and G. Warburg '23.

The Newton Constabulary, an infantry unit, voluntarily joined to the State Guard in a body, holds its identity by maintaining a distinct organization, similar to the Motor Corps. It is made up of business and professional men from Newton, 18 years of age and upward.

Study Time Allowed.

While the College authorities cannot excuse men in the Constabulary from their appointments, every means will be taken by the Constabulary officials to encourage and make possible the fulfillment of College demands. University men will be permitted, whenever possible, to attend lectures and laboratory periods, and opportunity will be given them to prepare their lessons while on duty in the Mechanics Building. The work is primarily patrol work for eight hours a day.