NEWELL OPENED FOR WINTER

Work to Be Continued for All Freshmen Rowers on Tank and Machines.

For the first time in many years, the Newell Boat House will be opened regularly for work on the tank and the machines during the winter. Though the work will be primarily for Freshmen, upperclassmen may nevertheless come down if they wish, but no regular crews will be organized for them.

This afternoon there will be a meeting of all Freshmen interested in rowing at 4 o'clock in Newell Boat House to outline the plans for the winter's work. As the Boat House will be open three days a week from 2.30 to 5.30, this work will satisfy the requirements of the Department of Physical Training. Men planning to take it up should notify Mr. Geer at Weld 3.

Although the management realizes that football men and the first and second Freshmen crews are now excused from two weeks' physical training, it hopes that all men will attend this meeting to discuss the arrangements that have been made for the continuance of rowing this fall. Coach Haines will be on hand at all times to give individual instruction to those who sign up for the rowing.