THREE EXHIBITIONS AT FOGG

Works of English Art and Early American Portraits Will Be Shown.

At least three important special exhibitions have been planned by the Fogg Art Museum for the coming season. Of these the most important will be a loan exhibition of English art on somewhat the same lines as those of the French exhibit held at the museum last winter.

Second in the list comes an exhibition of early American portraits belonging to the University, while the third consists of the best of the works of art now permanently lodged in the Museum itself. Drawn from the most artistic examples of early American portraiture contained in the various buildings and departments of the University, the second exhibition will be chosen particularly from the Memorial and University Hall collections.

The museum's permanent collection of drawing by both old and modern masters has lately been augmented by a number of valuable gifts and purchases. A group of drawings by John Ruskin, which have recently been received, are perhaps the most valuable and interesting of the new additions.