HARVARD FUEL SUPPLY ADEQUATE

Medical School Only Part of University Without Plenty of Fuel.

Following the announcement of the drastic restrictions placed on lighting and heating by Fuel Administrator Garfield, W. S. Burke, inspector of University grounds and buildings, yesterday gave out a statement to the effect that the University has no cause to worry over the coal situation.

"We have coal enough to last us for at least two months and by that time the strike will undoubtedly be settled," said Mr. Burke. "At the Medical School they are not quite so well off and as their coal supply is very short, they will probably have to start using oil within the next few days. The University is very fortunate inasmuch as this fall it displaced 16,000 tons of bituminous coal with oil."

The only one of the new fuel regulations which may make itself felt at the University is the one which limits the heat used in offices, etc., to an average temperature of 68 degrees. Tuesday night at midnight the curtailment of the New England train service went into effect and it has been announced that the shortened schedule will continue for several weeks no matter how quickly the strike is settled. The B. and A. will, however, run special trains to accommodate college students returning home during the days preceeding Christmas.