WATER-DRINKERS TO MEET AND ORATE AT DES MOINES

Association of Collegiate Tee-totalers Hold Devotional Services and Tests of Eloquence.

Immediately following the Student Volunteer Convention in Des Moines, the Eighth National Convention of the Intercollegiate Prohibition Association will be held in the same city on January 5, 1920. This convention will bring together representative students and professors from all important institutions to consider the liquor problem abroad, to gain a vision of the responsibility of American to other colleges of the world, and to work out the plans for an extension of the college prohibition movement to all other lands.

The morning and afternoon sessions will be devoted to business and inspirational programs, and the National Oratorical Contest will occupy the evening. This contest is a culmination of a two years' series of smaller contests. About 1500 students wrote and delivered orations in 290 local college and university contests. The winners of these locals competed again in state contests, and the victors in these 70 state contests met in seven interstate trials. The prize orators of these interstates will compete at Des Moines for national honors.

All delegates to the Student Volunteer Convention are urged to remain over one day to attend this prohibition convention.