The Clemenceau Warning.

COMMENT

Lincoln died because the abnormal mind of J. Wilkes Booth was persuaded he was a tyrant. McKinley was stretched on his bier because Czolgosz believed what yellow journalists told him. Clemenceau is on a bed of pain because a man was stimulated into action by poison distilled from the false charge that the great peacemaker was an imperialistic friend of war.

As always, seed produces after its kind. Lying propagandists have gone about insinuating a great falsehood--intimating that some men at the Paris conference were holy and others unholy. Clemenceau is a victim of a foul and treacherous innuendo. It is not strange a cracked brain was fired with impulse to crime.

The warning is written very large. Let not those who would push on their own ideas engage further in breeding distrust of nations or of the great leaders of a just cause who have served humanity if ever it has been served. The next time a revolver sounds or a bomb explodes the excuse that no such result was expected may not be accepted. New York Tribune.