PRINCETON RACE CALLED OFF

TIGER OARSMEN UNABLE TO ROW AGAINST UNIVERSITY APRIL 19

Because of depleted conditions of finance due to the war Princeton has declined the invitation to race the University eight here on April 19th, a date which had been announced as tentative but which was actually only under consideration at the time. Instead, Princeton will probably meet Annapolis at Annapolis on that date. There is slight chance of a University eight going to Princeton, so that the possibility of a crew event between the two Universities this year is remote.

The race between Princeton and the University has taken place only during the past few years, and has been held usually just before the end of the spring recess.

Three Crew Talks to be Given.

F. B. Whitman '19, acting captain of the University crew, has announced a series of three crew talks. At the first, Robert F. Herrick '90, chairman of the Advisory Rowing Committee and F. L. Higginson '00 will speak. The meeting is open to all members of the University and Freshman crew squads, and will take place in the Trophy Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock Thursday evening. At the second meeting Coach William Haines is to give a short talk.

The following shifts have been made in crews A and B: R. Jenney '21 from 2 on B to stroke on A; J. N. Borland '21 from stroke on A to 4 on A; G. L. Batchelder, Jr. '20 from 4 on A to 4 on B; and G. Sutton '21 from 4 to 2 on B.

Very few candidates for University coxswain have reported as yet and many more are needed. Those who wish to compete should report at the Newell Boat House this afternoon.