CERCLE PRESENTS 'SIRE' TODAY

FIRST PERFORMANCE OF ANNUAL FRENCH PLAY IN COPLEY THEATRE.

The first performance in America of "Sire", the thirty-third annual play of the Cercle Francais, will be given in the Copley Theatre this afternoon and Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock. "Sire" is reproduced from Henri Lavedon's book of the same name and combines the artistic qualities of the author's style with the action drawn from the background of historical fact, the Revolution of 1848. With the exception of the four parts acted by women, the cast is made up of undergraduates of the University. The two chief parts, those of Roulette and La Comtesse, are acted by Edgar Scott '20 and Mrs. Charles Sumner Bird, Jr., of Boston.

Monsieur Edouard Darmond, of the Conservatoire Nationale de Paris, who has been the dramatic coach of the Cercle Francais for a number of years, has had charge of choosing and training the members of the cast. The final selection of those who will take part in the performance today follows: Roulette,  Edgar Scott '20 Le Docteur,  R. H. Bassett '20 L'Abbe,  N. Thayer '21 Cherpetit,  Y. H. Buhler '20 Brossette,  P. K. Fisher 3 Eng. Camus,  J. B. Fenno '21 Lagratte,  B. La Farge '22 Verougnoux,  J. N. Brown '21 Un Officier,  L. Lanman '20 M. Letourneau,  D. P. Robinson '20 La Comtesse,  Mrs. C. S. Bird, Jr. Leonie,  Miss Sprague Gertrude,  Miss Littaner Mme. Aurelie,  Miss Zerrahn

Tickets at $1.00, $1.50, and $2.00 for the performances may be obtained at 4 Beck Hall, at the Co-operative Branch, at Herrick's or at the Copley Theatre.