WEST POINT GAME CALLED OFF

General March Disapproves of Contest With University Team.

"The football game for the twenty-fifth of October which had been tentatively arranged with West Point to be played at Cambridge has been definitely disapproved by General March, Chief-of-Staff in Washington." This was the announcement made yesterday by Mr. F. W. Moore '93, Graduate Treasurer of the Athletic Association. On the schedule recently published October 25 was left an open date, but at that time it was hoped West Point would fill it.

"The game was arranged," said Mr. Moore, "at the instance of the West Point football authorities, who had the approval of the Army Athletic Council, and who felt sure of obtaining the consent of the War Department."

"It is altogether unlikely for financial and other reasons that the place of playing the Army game can be changed to West Point. This cancellation is unfortunate, as it comes at a time when most if not all of the stronger teams have completed their schedules but every effort will be made to fill the date with as strong a team as possible, as a try-out for the University eleven before the Princeton game."