PLAY SPRINGFIELD TOMORROW

THREE REGULARS BACK IN LINE-UP BUT R. W. EMMONS UNABLE TO PLAY.

Tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock the University nine will meet the Springfield Y. M. C. A. at Soldiers Field in the contest which was postponed from Wednesday because of the cold and rainy weather. This game will take the place of the one with Havana for tomorrow which had to be cancelled because the Cubans were unable to obtain permission from Washington to enter this country.

Due to the bad weather this week, the University has had but little opportunity for out-door practice. On Wednesday, there was no work of any sort, but yesterday Coach Duffy gave a short talk to the members of the first squad. If the weather is pleasant today, there will be a scrub game between the first and second teams in preparation for tomorrow.

Bullard in Box.

F. K. Bullard '20 will be in the box for the University. Nearly all of the other first-string pitchers have been troubled with sore arms, but are now in better condition after several days of rest this week. R. W. Emmons '20 will be unable to play, and N. H. Kerr '19 will replace him at shortstop. The latter is a clever fielder and was the most reliable hitter on his Freshman team.

A. Blair '21, catcher of last year's Freshman nine, will be behind the bat for the first time this year. Blair is a good hitter and has a fast throw to second. The return of Capt. W. W. McLeod '19, R. E. Gross '19, and H. P. King '21 will greatly strengthen the University line-up. These three men were out of the Bates game with sprained ankles, but will be able to play against Sprinfield.

The second game of the Leiter Cup series which was to take place yesterday afternoon, was postponed, but will be played as soon as weather permits.