'STUDENT ACTION ILL-JUDGED'

Telephone Operator President Does Not Believe Strikebreakers Represent University Attitude.

"The action of certain Harvard undergraduates in attempting to act as strike-breakers in the telephone situation was, I think, very ill-judged," said Miss Julia S. O'Connor, president of the Telephone Operators' Department, to a CRIMSON reporter on Saturday. "We discussed the incident of last Thursday night in our conference with the Mayor this morning, and agreed that it was the work of a few individuals only. I do not believe that they represent the entire undergraduate body of the University, for I think that most of the Harvard men are in sympathy with our ideas. I am sorry that the University has been drawn into the affair in this way, but I am certain the students who took part in it did not realize the seriousness of what they were doing.

"I believe that you and all other right minded individuals connected with Harvard University will share my regret at the position in which the University has been placed by the men who have been acting as strikebreakers in the Boston Telephone Operators' strike. I am quite certain that the conduct of the few students involved does not meet with the approval of the University."