THE FRESHMAN SMOKER.

Circumstances this year seem to have combined in an effort to split, once and for all, the unity of the Class of 1922. As an unfortunate though unavoidable consequence of the disturbed state of college affairs last fall, the opening of the second term found the Freshman Class lodged partially in the Yard and partially in the Freshman dormitories. This enforced division has resulted in a noticeable failure of the class to fuse into one unified whole.

Tonight the Freshman smoker in the Union offers the first opportunity for the entire class to gather under one roof and in the name of good fellowship to overcome an obstacle in the path of future success. The committee has provided all manner of entertainment calculated to appeal to the masculine heart but the value of the evening depends solely on every man in the class contributing his presence. The Fates have done their best to keep the class apart. Here is a chance for the Freshmen to put one over on the Fates, May they make the most of their opportunity.