COL. GOETZ WILL ADDRESS 1922 ON MILITARY COURSES

TO VOTE ON AMENDMENT

Colonel Robert C. F. Goetz, head of the Department of Military Science and Tactics at the University, is to be the principal speaker at the Freshman smoker which is to be held in the Living Room of the Union tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. Col. Goetz was planning to start on his trip for France today, but is staying over until the mid-night train tomorrow in order to speak to the first-year men.

He will give as full an outline as the time permits of the plans for the Field Artillery Unite here next fall, laying especial emphasis on the course in equitation, which will be modeled after that of the Service School of Equitation at Fort Riley, Kansas. Colonel Goetz will also explain a special ruling which has been made by the College Office whereby Freshman may arrange to elect the course for next year by changing their study cards before the close of College this term.

Regent of College to Address Class.

The committee in charge of the smoker has also announced that Matthew Luce '91, regent of the College, and H. B. Colt '22, president of the class, will speak. The motion pictures will be "Johnny Get Your Gun," featuring Fred Stone, and a Mack Sennett comedy called "Rip and Stitch." Bert Lowe's six piece orchestra will furnish the music.

The amendment to the class constitution, modifying the method of nominating officers in the Sophomore and Junior years will be voted on at this smoker. Under the present system, the class officers are nominated by petition from the class, while additional nominations are made by the officers of the previous year. Under the proposed amendment, the order of nomination will be reversed, with the first candidates chosen by the retiring class officers, and additional nominees named by petitions.