"ON TO THE PACIFIC"

Yesterday's two great aerial feats make one wound what the man's next conquest of the air will be. The news that the second attempt at a non-stop flight across the Atlantic has been successful, and that the "pond" has been bridge, not only by one who stopped to land at the Azores, but by an American and a Briton who spurned the ground for over 16 hours, adds one more to the long list of aerial accomplishments. The second team the establishment of a new altitude record of 33,136 feet, although of less public interest, still shows that constant progress is being made toward the mastery of the air.

Another Great task, however, remains before man may claim complete supremacy, and yesterday's announcement by the United States Navy suggests that that too will, soon be accomplished. Secretary Daniels has told of the plans for a flight across the Pacific, to be made by a government sea-plane in the near future. If that also, is successful, we may consider that the air; like the land and water, has been made an instrument of man, and may soon expect to see

". . . The heavens fill with commerce, argosies of magic sails

Pilots of the purple twilight, dropping down with costly bales."