DRIVE FOR TEXT BOOKS OPENS

COLLECTION FOR BROOKS HOUSE LOAN LIBRARY TO LAST UNTIL JUNE 13.

Today the annual drive carried on by the Phillips Brooks House Association, for the collection of text books no longer needed by students in the University will open, and will continue for one week. All the books which are obtained will be placed in the Text Book Loan Library of Phillips Brooks House, where they will be lent to students in the fall. The campaign is being carried out under the leadership of E. L. Peirson, Jr., '21, Librarian of the Association.

The Loan Library is made up of a great many text books, covering practically every course offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Additional books are constantly needed, however, especially those whose use in a course is comparatively recent. By depositing a small sum with the librarian at the beginning of the year a student may have the use of a book for the duration of the term in which it is needed. At the conclusion of the course, and upon the return of the book, all of this deposit except the sum of 5 cents is refunded, so that the cost to the student is negligible.

Four Receiving Stations.

The following receiving stations for all contributions have been selected: Standish D. 23, Randolph 32, the CRIMSON Building, and Phillips Brooks House. All those wishing to contribute books to this drive should leave them at any of these places. On Friday, June 13th, a wagon will be sent to each of the receiving stations to collect the text books deposited there.