BLUE PRACTICE UNDER WAY

Captain Callahan, Braden, Heffelfinger and Others Back in College.

Under the Sharpe regime at Yale the development of a strong eleven is in full swing. Two sessions of football practice are being held daily, and the players next week will begin running through regular formations. Scrimmaging is not likely to be ordered much before the middle of next week. The squad numbers about 125 candidates.

1st and 2nd Teams Already Picked.

Dr. Sharpe has already selected-tentative first and second elevens. The first eleven is made up of Allen and Rheinhardt, ends; Kirkpatrick and Acosta, tackles; Galt and Hammel, guards; centre, Captain Callahan; quarterback, LaRoche; left halfback, Lay; right halfback, Heffelfinger; fullback, Neville. Braden will probably assume right halfback the coming week, although Heffelfinger is likely to be used in most of the games. Acosta, the former freshman guard, who was used at end two or three days, but the coaches now favor him for a trial at tackle. Neville, LaRoche, Callahan and Galt were regular members of Yale's last intercollegiate eleven in 1916. The other players have had only class or informal eleven experience. Among others on the second team are Scully and Shevlin at ends, Kempton at quarterback, and French at fullback.

Dilworth Out for Good

It was ascertained yesterday that Richardson Dilworth, Who has had class experience at end and halfback, will be unable to play this fall. During Wednesday's practice he fell, injuring his arm only slightly, but reopening an old wound which he had received in France.