NO SUCCESSOR TO MACLAURIN

ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE FROM FACULTY WILL GOVERN TECHNOLOGY.

An announcement has been made by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that no temporary successor to the late President Maclaurin is to be named and that the presidency of that organization is to remain vacant indefinitely. Instead, the functions of the office are to be carried on by an administrative committee of three from the faculty, this committee to have the co-operation of a special committee of three members of the executive board of the corporation.

"It is the belief of the executive committee," stated Everett Morss, chairman of the executive board special committee, "that is sub-committee working in close association with the administrative committee, will make it possible to carry on the work of Technology without any interruption, and with complete harmony and effectiveness."

The administrative committee of the faculty is made up of Dr. Henry P. Talbot, chairman of the faculty, and head of the department of chemistry; Professor Edward P. Miller, head of the department of mechanical engineering, and Dr. William H. Walker, director of the newly, established division of industrial co-operation and research.

The executive board committee, which will act in an advisory capacity, consists of Mr. Morss, who is president of the Simplex Wire and Cable Company, chairman; Francis R. Hart, who is treasurer of the institution and vice-president of the Old Colony Trust Company; and Edwin S. Webster, of Stone and Webster. Frederick P. Fish, senior member of the committee, was elected chairman of the executive board at the meeting which decided upon this administrative plan.