1921 NOMINATING COMMITTEE DECIDES TO HOLD ENTIRE NEW ELECTION MONDAY

ALL VOTING NEXT TIME TO BE HELD IN ONE PLACE

After a meeting last night the 1921 nominating committee decided that an entire new election of the Senior class officers will be held on Monday, December 13. The statement given out by the committee late last night follows:

"The 1921 Nominating Committee, after due consideration of a petition from members of the Senior class calling attention to some discrepancies in the official tabulation of votes, which discrepancies cannot be explained, have decided to hold an entire new election on the original ballot Monday, December 13.

"1921 NOMINATING COMMITTEE"

The nominating committee had the question of the validity of Wednesday's election brought to their attention by a petition, submitted and signed by fifty Seniors pointing out that the total of votes cast for Marshal, according to the tabulation as published in the CRIMSON yesterday morning was 965; whereas the total number of official ballots cast, as determined by the Junior Polling Committee, was 305, which would make the possible maximum of votes for Marshal but 915.

Careful examination of the ballots could not locate where the error lay; it was obvious that gross carelessness had prevailed in counting votes for no consistent error could be located.

Not only was inaccuracy evident in the counting of the votes, but in the watching of the polls as well. At Memorial Hall, it was discovered the Seniors when voting were not required to sign and be properly checked off on the list of eligible voters.

It is impossible to recount the ballots of Wednesday now at hand because the Junior Polling Committee neglected properly to check off the ballots before the counting.

In the new election no Senior will be allowed to cast his ballot without signing at the polls. Furthermore, all the voting will be held in Emerson Hall or some other central hall in the Yard.