MEET TO CELEBRATE BI-CENTENNIAL OF MASSACHUSETTS HALL

DINNER TONIGHT AT 7 O'CLOCK IN MASSACHUSETTS HALL

A large number of present and former members of the Memorial Society, graduates of the University, and distinguished guests, will gather in Massachusetts Hall at 7 o'clock this evening for the dinner held to celebrate the bi-centennial of this second oldest college building in the United States. Vice-President-elect Coolidge, President Lowell and Professor Edward Channing '78 of the History Department will be among the speakers, the Honorable William C. Loring '72 will act as toastmaster, and Judge Robert Grant '73 will read a poem composed especially for the occasion.

An attempt has been made by the Memorial Society to duplicate as nearly as possible in the colonial menu for the dinner tonight a dinner of 200 years ago when the hall was built and presented to the University by a charter from the Province of Massachusetts. Rare pieces of old silver, given to the University from time to time since its earliest days, will be used on the table. A number of old photographs of Massachusetts Hall and other University buildings will be on exhibition and a pamphlet on "The Building of Massachusetts Hall" has been prepared for distribution by W. G. Lane '81, Librarian of the Harvard College Library. R. Chute '22, chairman of the committee in charge of this celebration, has been ably assisted by J. Alger '22 and N. Choate '22.