THREE INTERSECTIONAL GAMES FEATURE OCTOBER DATES OF 1921 SCHEDULE

STATE HAS BEEN WAITING TO TAKE DATE VACATED BY CENTRE

Yesterday afternoon, Major F. W. Moore, Graduate Treasurer of the Harvard Athletic Association, announced that Centre College had wired their agreement to change the date of the game originally scheduled with the University October 22d, to October 29th, in order to allow the University to meet Penn State here on the former date.

Doubleheader Starts Season

The first scheduled event of the season will be an innovation--a doubleheader with Boston University and Middlebury College. Both of these teams are of practically the same strength, the local eleven being defeated by the Vermonters this fall, 7 to 0. Middlebury, however, scored only 19 points during the whole season to its opponents' 16. B. U. was defeated by New Hampshire State, Middlebury and Boston College,--in the first two games by the score of 7 to 0, and in the game with B. C., 34 to 0. Some idea of the strength of this eleven can be gained from the fact that in its first game, it played a 0 to 0 tie with the University of Maine, which the University defeated 41 to 0.

On the next Saturday, October 1, the University will meet the Holy Cross eleven in the Stadium. The excellent defensive play and all-around polish of O'Donnell's charges in the opening game last fall proved the Purple's right to a later date on the schedule.

Indiana Comes East

The next game on the schedule will be an intersectional set-to with the University of Indians. This fall, the Hoosiers defeated Purdue and played an extremely close game with the champion Notre Dame eleven.

Scarcely will Indiana have returned west when the next opponent, the University of Georgia, will head north to fill the October 15 date. Last season, Georgia rivalled Georgia Tech in its football successes, winning all of its games and having its goal line crossed only in one game, that with the University of Alabama.

Penn State Game Almost Clinched

If final arrangements are satisfactorily completed with Penn State, this eleven will meet the University on October 22. This game, however, is practically certain to be so scheduled, as the Blue and White authorities have been waiting only to close the date until Major Moore could determine if Centre College would agree to change their game from the 23d to the 29th.

This year Bezdek's Penn State, eleven was one of the strongest in Eastern collegiate circles. The last time the University met Penn State was in 1915, when the State team went down to a 13 to 0 defeat. In 1914 and 1913, the only other two times which State played in the Stadium, the games resulted in a 13 to 13 tie and a 29 to 0 defeat for Penn.

"Praying Colonels" Return

On October 29, then, the University eleven will meet Centre College, a team about which little needs to be said. This year, although defeated by the University, scoring 103 points in its final game, Centre amassed a total of 469 points to its opponents' 58, 31 of which were contributed by the University.

Next in order on the schedule is the Princeton game, on November 5, a contest which will be sure to attract great interest as the Tigers will have practically the same team as the one which recently met the University, abetted by several first-class players who formed the strongest group of ineligibles this fall that the Princeton regulars have ever faced.