CALL OFF BASKETBALL PRACTICE UNTIL JAN. 3

NEXT GAME ON JANUARY 8

Although no more regular practice for the University basketball squad will be held until Monday, January 3, when College reopens, informal sessions will be held during the Christmas recess in the Hemenway Gymnasium. Members of the squad have been requested to notify Acting Captain J. R. Tolbert '22, Matthews 3, if they are going to be in Cambridge and able to practice at any time during the vacation and several have already stated that they will stay at College. Coach Wachter will not be present at any of the practices held in vacation as he has made arrangements which will take him away from Cambridge during this period.

As the Worcester Polytechnic five, which the University team is scheduled to play at Worcester on Saturday, January 8, is a formidable combination, the University team will start intensive work on the Monday after the recess holding a long practice each day.

Tolbert is fast recovering from his infected foot and S. B. Chase '21, the other regular guard, who was injured in the recent Clark University game, will in all probability be in condition to play again after vacation.