Polo Gets Good Start at Yale

Polo at Yale has been given a good start and bids fair to rank with any of the minor sports of the University within a short time. Regular practice is being held in the Yale Artillery Armory. On every Monday and Thursday during the winder months three and a half hours will be devoted to polo instruction, a part of the time being given over to mallet and blackboard work and the rest to actual drill on ponies.

The mounts have been furnished by L. E. Stoddard, a one-time international player and now a member of the international polo committee. Mr. Stoddard lives in New Haven and will doubtless assist in the coaching of the Yale polo team during the winter. He has provided twenty-one excellent mounts, which are now being trained at the armory.

Yale's polo team, as those of other colleges where there is military instruction, will be made up of members of the Reserve Officers Training Corps. At Princeton and Cornell, teams are in process of organization, and at Yale a tentative schedule has been arranged, including games with West Point, and teams made up of polo players living in New York City.