AERO SOCIETY OPENS DRIVE FOR MEMBERS THIS EVENING

Intercollegiate Seaplane Race Arranged--To Take Place June 20.

Tonight at 7.30 the University Aeronautical Society will inaugurate its campaign for new members with an open meeting in the Union. Lieut-Col. L. H. Drennan of the Northeastern Department, who will talk on "The Training of the Pilot," will be the principal speaker. All former pilots in the University are invited to attend.

In addition to the intercollegiate race for land planes to be held on May 8, a naval race is being arranged for June 20, the day of the Harvard-Yale boat races. The course will be from New London to the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor and back to New London again. The entries include machines from Harvard University, as well as from Yale and Columbia.

Thanks to the interest of the Navy Department, the plan for the seaplane race in June is meeting with great response. It was originated by J. E. Trippe, president of the Yale Aeronautical Society and Secretary of the Intercollegiate Flying Association. The Navy will not only assist by patroling the course, but is offering for sale, at extremely reduced prices, a number of seaplanes for use in educational institutions, and it is expected that the University Aeronautical Society will acquire one of these. The planes offered for sale are Curtiss machines, Model F.