The Triangular Meet.

COMMENT

News of the completion of arrangements for a triangular indoor meet between Dartmouth, Harvard and Cornell comes as a welcome harbinger of the expansion of Dartmouth's athletic policy. Handicapped by its out-of-the-way situation and still considered by many as a "small college," Dartmouth, to have the position due her in intercollegiate athletics needs to associate herself closely with other colleges and universities of highest standing. The formation of the four-cornered combination last year was a big step in the scheme of concerted action with some of the strongest eastern colleges; this latest move should prove a big aid in binding together more firmly the institutions involved.

Inasmuch as our athletic interests are already closely allied with Cornell, the including of Harvard in the trio competing at Mechanics Hall next month is of particular moment. It has long been a source of regret that relations between the Green and Crimson have been for the most part broken off. The hope aroused last fall for a revival of the old-time football clashes was short-lived. Still, all Dartmouth, and--let us hope--all Harvard is anxious to see a resumption of contests between the two colleges in the more important branches of the sport. --THE DARTMOUTH.