1923 TO VOTE ON AMENDMENTS

Revision of the Constitution to be taken up at Smoker, March 29

At the smoker of the class of 1923 on Monday evening, March 29, an important matter concerning the adoption of two new amendments to the class constitution will be discussed. The smoker was previously set for March 25, but has been postponed four days.

These two amendments to Article 3 of the class constitution were drawn up at the meeting of the Executive Committee of the Student Council, Tuesday night. The Council is strongly in favor of their adoption by the three lower classes and urges 1923 to take favorable action at its first smoker, thus setting an example for the other two classes.

Although this year's 1923 election reflected the sentiment of 60 per cent, or more of the members of the class, the elections of the classes of 1921 and 1922 did not represent such a majority. In order to make all class elections in the future representative of the class the Executive Committee of the Student Council has offered for a ballot at the meeting of 1923 in the Union the following amendments:

"Section 10. Any election of class officers shall be declared valid if 60 per cent, or more of the members of the class affected shall have voted.

"Section 11. If at any election a sufficient number of votes are not cast at the first ballot, further ballotings shall be held at intervals of not more than ten days, suffrage being restricted to those members who have not already voted, until a sufficient number of votes have been cast."