TWO COMPETITIONS BEGIN-TODAY FOR DRAMATIC CLUB

Scenery and Publicity Candidates Called Out This Afternoon

All candidates for the scenery end of the Dramatic Club's spring production will report this afternoon at 5 o'clock at 32 Little Hall. The competition, which this year will be unusually short, lasting only four weeks, is open to all members of the College. Freshmen and Sophomores are especially desired, but upper classmen will be in no way handicapped. At the meeting this afternoon, the nature of the work required will be fully explained, and questions answered concerning details. Men interested in art will find in the three separate settings of the play, the action of which is laid in modern Spain, an unusual opportunity for artistic talent.

The spring publicity competition, open to all undergraduate members of the University, will begin at Matthews 2 this afternoon at 2.45, when the work will be outlined to all those interested. The work required of publicity candidates will consist of placing before the public, information concerning the spring production, through newspapers, posters, leaflets, etc.; and a certain amount of clerical work. Opportunity in this department is afforded to men of ideas and initiative, while willingness to work, rather than experience in writing and advertising, will be considered of first importance. The competition will continue until after the spring production in May, when successful candidates will be taken into the Club.