THE CRIMSON PLAY-GOER

ON THE NEW YORK STAGE

With no changes in the down-town theatres this week, the next new production scheduled for Boston is "The Midnight Whirl," which will open at the Shubert next Monday, fresh from the roof of the Century Theatre, New York. Bessie McCoy Davis, with some lively dances, is the leading attraction, but Winona Winter and Frank Fay, and a comely chorus complete a well-rounded production.

Easter week will be a busy one for the theatre-goer, with three plays scheduled to open in Boston.

Mr. Gilbert Miller's great London production "Monsieur Beaucaire," will be given at the Tremont on Monday, April 5, for a limited engagement. This pleasing operetta, drawn from the story of like name by Booth Tarkington, has been an outstanding success in New York, and Boston is the only other city in which it is to be presented this season.

On the same day, Fred Stone will return to Boston at the Colonial, in "Jack-o Lantern,"--the extravaganza in which he was so successful here last year.

Marie Dressler will be seen at the Opera House, in the hilarious farce, "Tillie's Nightmare." The rough-and-ready clowneries of this comedy have been seen in nearly every city but Boston in the past season.