THE H. C. L. IN W. K. NEW HAVEN.

Correct Attire: sweater, coat and trousers of a different material, army shoes or bedroom slippers and last year's hat. No embargo on clean linen. Any student caught wearing new clothing will be pronounced guilty of a grave breach of etiquette. YALE NEWS.

In the formation of the "Old Clothes Club" at the Sheffield Scientific School. Yale has cast aside its sartorial traditions and takes its initial step in the fight for lower clothing costs. The decision to introduce a variegated color scheme into the Eli's apparel will lend a touch of brightness to the sombre shades of the campus, while the Yale profiteer-baiter may steal through dim vaults and transepts without disturbing the tranquility of the Chapel.

We believe the deference to clean linen, however, not only a surrender to convention unworthy of this excellent movement, but we cannot but suspect that this article must have been inserted at the instigation of the Laundry Trust. We in Cambridge have come to realize all too fully that, with our clothes, as with many other luxuries, the initial cost is insignificant compared to the upkeep.

If we were in a position to recommend the adoption of an "Old Clothes" policy at Harvard, we would not hesitate. But unfortunately we are not. Those which we are not wearing we sold to Max, as any P. B. H. collector will testify.