CRIMSON AND PRINCETONIAN TO CONDUCT STRAW-BALLOTS

YALE TO CO-OPERATE

The "Daily Princetonian" and THE HARVARD CRIMSON will conduct a straw vote in their respective universities next Tuesday, May 4, to determine the sentiment of the two institutions concerning the presidential campaign. In Cambridge, all members of the University including Graduate Students and members of the Faculty will be allowed to vote.

The "Yale News" which was to have conducted a straw vote at New Haven coincident with the balloting at the other two universities has been forced to postpone the vote until later in May, owing to the fact that Yale has arranged to hold a Republican Convention of its own. The ballots at all three universities will be similar and the returns of the three elections exchanged.

Although the primary purpose in holding the straw ballot at this time is to obtain a knowledge of the individual preferences at the three colleges from among the presidential nominees, the returns from the voting will also be used to form the basis for the organization of Republican and Democratic Clubs which will be formed at the three universities next fall. Skeleton organizations for these clubs will probably be drawn up before the end of this year.

For the sake of obtaining accurate statistics each voter will be requested to designate his regular party affiliations in addition to indicating the candidate whom he will support for the presidency.

The ballot will be divided into two lists, one Republican and one Democratic, on each of which will appear the names of twelve popular candidates. In case anyone wishes to vote for some other candidate than those appearing on the voting slip space will be provided for additional names.

The list of possible nominees and polling places at the University will be published in the CRIMSON within a few days